FunRaisen will never sell or share any personally identifiable information to any outside parties.
What information do we collect?
We collect information provided directly from the user or the users actions on our website. For example, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- Transactional information provided by you when you request information, contact FunRaisen support, create a campaign, or sponsor/pledge to a participant/campaign.
- Information sent directly from another user via invite or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Activity information pertaining to your use, and the use by any person authorized by you through your account, such as the posts of completed challenges and/or the connections through sponsorship.
You may decline to provide us certain information, though this will limit your ability to register for an account or utilize all of our services. To take most actions on our site, you will need to finish creating an account. At any time, you may review, edit, or remove your information through your account settings.
How do we use the information we collect?
Any information we collect may be used in the following ways:
- To enable us to provide you with our services.
- Personalize your experience.
- Allow us to better serve you in responding to service requests.
- Process all transactions.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
Your information will not be sold, shared, transferred, or given to any third party for any reason, without your consent, other than for the purpose of providing our service or any service requested by you.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information, and our website is checked and updated regularly in an effort to protect against any known or unknown vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is accessible by a limited number of admins who have special access to such systems and are required to keep all information confidential.
All sensitive/credit card information is you supply is encrypted and transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Your credit card information is never stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to any outside parties?
FunRaisen will never sell or share any personally identifiable information to any outside parties. On occasion, there is basic information that you may transmit via third parties who assist us in conducting our business or servicing you. This only applies to actions that you as the user take by utilizing the share features on our platform.
On occasion, at our discretion, a third party may promote their business on our platform via sale, discount, or promotion. These third-party sites have separate privacy policies. Only information submitted directly by you to them will be accessible to them. We will not share any of your information with any third party.
We may also release information when appropriate to comply with law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety,
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
We believe that FunRaisen is in full compliance and abides by all COPPA rules and guidelines. The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 except for the very basic information which may be provided for the limited purpose of participating in an organization’s fundraiser. FunRaisen only uses the limited personal information provided for the benefit of the participant and their organization’s fundraiser. We do not use any information, for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise. At any time, prior to, during, or at the completion of a fundraiser, the parent/guardian of the child can review their child’s personal information, direct FunRaisen to delete it, and/or refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information. Parents/guardians have full rights of refusal to allow any information to be collected, as well as any initial or continued participation by their child.
If at any time, a parent or guardian believes that FunRaisen has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13 in its database without permission, would like their child’s information removed, or would like to exercise any other right as outlined by COPPA guidelines, please contact us at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly comply with the request.
Can Spam Act
We believe that FunRaisen is in full compliance and abides by all Can Spam Act rules and guidelines.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information regarding your activities while on using the FunRaisen platform (alerts, confirmations, password resets…etc).
- Respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
- ‘Follow-up’ at the conclusion of a fundraiser. The service can be declined by the administrator of the campaign, in which case we do not follow up via email.
To be in accordance with the Can Spam Act, we agree to the following:
- We do not use false or misleading subject lines in the emails sent.
- We do not send emails from false or misleading email addresses.
- If the message is an advertisement, we identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include all contact information, including the physical address of our business.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving emails from us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from all correspondence.